Skip to main content

the Calendar had it wrong

I know that when I checked my email, my Facebook, my phone, my text messages, my work email, and my work calendar that they all say today is Tuesday.  However, based on the first three hours of my morning, I declare them all to be wrong.  I must attest, it has certainly been Monday so far.

I woke up exhausted.  That really shouldn't happen.  I don't know if it's allergies, the impending move, fall tax season, or something else.  I'm just tired.  That thing that some of you are thinking it is, it's not.  She came last week.

The morning can only get better when your two year old wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.  I don't know why it irritates me so for him to move at a glacial pace no matter what it is he's doing, but it drives me bonkers.  I try very hard not to be the constant "hurry up" parent, I rarely use that phrase.  However, I do think it's important to learn that there are time limits!  It shouldn't take 30 minutes to eat your bowl of cereal.  It shouldn't take 3 minutes to get a sip of water out of the running faucet after you brush your teeth.  I cannot stand for the water to run wasted.  I even fuss at M if he turns it on, then gets his toothbrush out, then puts the toothpaste on it, then gets it wet.  All the while, the water has been running (at full blast, because why just turn it on a little?).  Seriously!  Do all the other steps first, then get the stinking thing wet.  I guess I know where C gets it from. So, after his Daddy gave him more than ample time to get his drink (after having to fight with him to get his teeth brushed in the first place), he turned off the water.  Meltdown ensued.  It continued until I dropped him in the lunch room at preschool.  Let's all stop and pray for his teacher.

It was on the way to preschool that I realized I'd left my wedding rings in my jewelry box.  Since we currently live literally around the corner from the school, I swung back by the house to get my rings. As I was unlocking the door I felt something on my front.  My brain said, "please just be your necklace touching your skin."  Oh brain, if only.  Nope, it was a bug.  I don't know what kind, it doesn't stinking matter.  It was a bug.  He was immediately swatted and stomped to his death.

Thankfully, the rest of my trip to work and up to now has been uneventful.  Maybe the rest of my day will be a normal Tuesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, they are a comin'

Shew wee.  That's all I can say about the last couple of weeks!  I know you all have missed me.  I too, have missed all three of you. Truthfully, I was going through a ferocious deadline at work which caused me to slack on my blogging and fit lifestyle. I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy about how my pants fit when I put them on this morning.  I went to work out yesterday, but decided to delay my weigh-in until today.  Monday's are bad enough all on their own without that scale mocking me. I want to update you all on what's been going on, but first, a little housekeeping.  You'll notice the name of the blog has been shortened to "the Journey".  I still intend to write about my journey to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, but I also wanted to use this blog as a tool to exercise my creative and writing muscles, and so I don't want to be limited to one subject.  I want to write about all my journeys, whether it be life with a toddler, re-model

It should be fascinating...

That may have been a slight oversell.  Truthfully, I just afraid all five of you may find something better to do with your time if I don't churn out Pulitzer material over here in blogging land. Here's the problem.  Finding time to work out and run.  See, I spent the first few weeks of this journey dedicated to visiting Curves at least three times a week.  You know what happened?  I saw results?  Do you know what happened next? I started convincing myself that I could "skip" days.  Boo Katye.  Bad Katye.  The lbs. are not coming off at a pace that I would be pleased with.  Truthfully, they're barely coming off at all.  It may seriously take until Cohen goes to college for me to become healthy and fit. So help me, it will happen. I feel like the key missing ingredient is the walking/running.  Finding time to do that activity.  On a consistent basis.  The dieticians at Curves recommend 10,000 steps a day.  Seriously?  I sit behind a desk for a living.  I park at

Creature Report!

Does anyone else watch the Disney Channel?  Specifically, Octonauts?  No, just us, ok.  Well, they're land animals who live in the sea, and they help out distressed ocean faring creatures during each episode.  After the happily ever after there's the "Creature Report", detailing the scientific, physical, social, and other characteristics of the creature they've just helped.  All that to say, I'm giving my weekly "Creature Report". At our current rate of a pound or so a week, it'll take almost two years to lose my desired 80 lbs.  Throw adding to the Coats brood in 2014 to the mix, and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get there. Having the Curves Complete program Coach is extremely beneficial.  After yesterday's weigh-in she reminded me that this is a permanent weight loss, and it may take a little longer.  Fast plan diets are usually only successful in the short term with participants gaining most or all of their weight back at program&#