Skip to main content

Monday, Monday

The Titanic sunk today.

Abraham Lincoln (shot on the 14th) died today.

All of your taxes are due today.

It's my birthday.  Woot Woot!

They ordered pizza for lunch at the office.  After I got the email, I immediately heated up the lunch I brought and ate it in hopes that it would fill me up and I wouldn't be tempted.

The second email was to announce the presence of cupcakes.  In honor of the hard work of everyone in the firm, and for my birthday.  Cupcakes.  For the girl whose on a diet.  I really don't care for cupcakes, so that one's not a big deal.

Great recipe below!

Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Four Servings
24 oz. shrimp
4 oz. whole wheat or egg noodle pasta
8 oz. mushrooms
1/2 cup red onion, diced
4 tsp. prepared pesto
8 tbl. ricotta cheese, part-skim
2 cups meatless tomato sauce
olive oil
seasoning

Ok, Matt makes really good seasoning for steaks, chicken, seafood, whatever from this recipe: Outback Steakhouse Steak Rub.  Don't use as much brown sugar.

Peel your shrimp (Belle/Food World runs their bags of frozen large shrimp buy one-get two free quite often, so I stock up. This took two bags.)

Season your shrimp with Matt's blend or one of your own and set aside to marinate.

Cook your pasta according to the directions.

Sweat down your mushrooms and onions in a little EVOO until they're nice and tender.  Remove from the skillet and set aside.

Add a little more EVOO and the shrimp to your Med/Med-High skillet.  Cook the shrimp until they're pink, flipping once.  Add the red sauce, pesto, and ricotta cheese.  Once blended, add back your mushrooms and onions and cook 5-7 more minutes until it's all nice and wonderful.

Serve over the pasta.  Add something green on the side.

Delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, they are a comin'

Shew wee.  That's all I can say about the last couple of weeks!  I know you all have missed me.  I too, have missed all three of you. Truthfully, I was going through a ferocious deadline at work which caused me to slack on my blogging and fit lifestyle. I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy about how my pants fit when I put them on this morning.  I went to work out yesterday, but decided to delay my weigh-in until today.  Monday's are bad enough all on their own without that scale mocking me. I want to update you all on what's been going on, but first, a little housekeeping.  You'll notice the name of the blog has been shortened to "the Journey".  I still intend to write about my journey to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, but I also wanted to use this blog as a tool to exercise my creative and writing muscles, and so I don't want to be limited to one subject.  I want to write about all my journeys, whether it be life with a toddler, re-mode...

Creature Report!

Does anyone else watch the Disney Channel?  Specifically, Octonauts?  No, just us, ok.  Well, they're land animals who live in the sea, and they help out distressed ocean faring creatures during each episode.  After the happily ever after there's the "Creature Report", detailing the scientific, physical, social, and other characteristics of the creature they've just helped.  All that to say, I'm giving my weekly "Creature Report". At our current rate of a pound or so a week, it'll take almost two years to lose my desired 80 lbs.  Throw adding to the Coats brood in 2014 to the mix, and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get there. Having the Curves Complete program Coach is extremely beneficial.  After yesterday's weigh-in she reminded me that this is a permanent weight loss, and it may take a little longer.  Fast plan diets are usually only successful in the short term with participants gaining most or all of their weight back at pro...

it's my Friday

You probably won't hear from me until next week.  Little man and I are headed to Decatur for the night and to spend tomorrow at Point Mallard.  I'm so excited.  He loves the water, and I'm going to love watching him have fun! Since I've gotten through my impending deadline of doom, I have absolutely no motivation.  Does anyone else suffer from this?  It's as though I have to be on the brink of insanity to actually accomplish anything.  It's really not a good problem to have when you work in a profession that demands you bill for your services by the hour. I know it seems like a odd thing to pray for, but I find myself praying that God will restore that motivation! I do have a fun thing to be motivated about lately, our new house!  We close next week and I cannot wait to start working to make this home our own.  We've got the luxury of about 4 months of time to renovate, paint, clean, etc. before we have to move in.  It's why Pinterest was...