Skip to main content

Three-day weekend Miracle

I hope you all managed to get outside this weekend and enjoy this beautiful Bama weather.  I know that we did!

Thursday after work, Cohen and I headed to my Mom's to spend the night. Since Matt wasn't with us, I decided to let Cohen sleep in the bed with me rather than the crib in the back room.  I knew this would mean less sleep for me, but I needed some cuddle time with my little man.  Sometime in the wee hours of the morning I had that inevitable internal debate: get up and go to the bathroom, or suffer through the last hour of sleep.  I don't know why this debate is necessary most nights, anyone knows that 20 minutes of peaceful sleep is way better than 20 minutes of "mind over matter, Katye, you do NOT need to go to the bathroom, go to sleep!".  It was around this time that I felt some pressure on my stomach, and as the pressure increased, so did my sense of its source.  My darling son had both feet on my stomach and was pushing down as hard as possible.  I really should have thanked him, he ended the debate.

Friday was spent at Point Mallard with Mom, Josh, and Lexi.  The kids were great, we really couldn't have asked them to be any better.  We dragged them all over that water park, twice.  Shout out to my SIL for telling me about the Puddle Jumper, those things are awesome.  I can put Cohen in his and he can stay upright in the pool without me holding him.  He loves the independence.  We own two.  Why?  Seems like one should be enough, right?  Well, yes, except when you're in Wal-Mart the night before you're going to the waterpark and realize the one you bought last week is at home.  An hour away.  So, now we have a back-up.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself in order to feel better about spending $20, twice.  After the lazy river, the wave pool, the kiddie pools, and the Olympic pool, Josh looked at his watch and realized we'd been at the waterpark for going on SIX hours.  Little man was passed out flat the entire way back to Florence, the sign of a truly awesome day.

Saturday was spent much like Friday, we started at the splash pad and then made our way to the city pool.  Props to the city of Florence, that pool is awesome and for $2 a person it cannot be beat.  Cohen spent three hours doing his favorite thing, jumping in the water, swimming/floating to the ladder, dashing to the edge of the pool, jumping in the water, repeat.  We got to spend most of the day with our friends, and it was a fantastic family day. Despite having no nap during the day, my child was well behaved, and that is truly a blessing! 

I regained consciousness around 5:30 the next morning and started to panic.  Why didn't my alarm go off?  It's supposed to go off at 5:15!  I can't believe I have to go to work today!  I grabbed my phone and saw the most glorious thing emblazoned on the screen, "Sunday".   The clouds did part and brought forth a choir of angels singing "Hallelujah".  Our pastor delivered (I don't know why we say it like that, it's not like he put his feet up in those stirrups and gave birth to his sermon, I digress) a great message as part of his "Weeds" series, and we made plans with friends to do another round at the splash pad.  After a wondrous nap, we scurried to the splash pad for a delightful afternoon of "did you see her hair, who wears a bathing suit like that, I've never seen a tattoo there before".  Now, before you all go pointing fingers, let me assure you, that was all communicated via ESP, and I would never look down my nose at one of God's people.  But seriously, sometimes, you just have to wonder.

After we'd had our daily allotment of sun, Matt grilled us a great dinner of pork chops, corn on the cob and asparagus.  My son, my Cohen, ate all the asparagus on his plate first, asked for seconds, and ate all the remaining asparagus Matt had cooked before touching anything else on his plate.  This, my friends, was our three-day weekend miracle.

Katye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, they are a comin'

Shew wee.  That's all I can say about the last couple of weeks!  I know you all have missed me.  I too, have missed all three of you. Truthfully, I was going through a ferocious deadline at work which caused me to slack on my blogging and fit lifestyle. I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy about how my pants fit when I put them on this morning.  I went to work out yesterday, but decided to delay my weigh-in until today.  Monday's are bad enough all on their own without that scale mocking me. I want to update you all on what's been going on, but first, a little housekeeping.  You'll notice the name of the blog has been shortened to "the Journey".  I still intend to write about my journey to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, but I also wanted to use this blog as a tool to exercise my creative and writing muscles, and so I don't want to be limited to one subject.  I want to write about all my journeys, whether it be life with a toddler, re-model

the Panic ensues

I thought that my morning might have to be spent calling the people at Visa and telling them that I had lost my credit card.  This would have been devastating for me.  No credit card equals having to ask the man that controls the checkbook at our house for money.  This would contradict my normal policy of just buying something and having the 5-7 business days before it arrives to convince him of why I really needed those shoes.  They were ON SALE.  ON ZULILY.  THEY GO WITH EVERYTHING.  Too bad those particular shoes don't fit my feet very well and have barely been worn.  To those who would say it is despicable that I would sneak shop with my credit card, I say let me use my credit card to order you a case of Windex for that nice glass house you're living in.  Which, I could do, because Husband found my credit card in between the seats of the car.  But first, I'd have to find where he has since hidden said card. Let's start with the good news.  Since my last weigh-in (

It should be fascinating...

That may have been a slight oversell.  Truthfully, I just afraid all five of you may find something better to do with your time if I don't churn out Pulitzer material over here in blogging land. Here's the problem.  Finding time to work out and run.  See, I spent the first few weeks of this journey dedicated to visiting Curves at least three times a week.  You know what happened?  I saw results?  Do you know what happened next? I started convincing myself that I could "skip" days.  Boo Katye.  Bad Katye.  The lbs. are not coming off at a pace that I would be pleased with.  Truthfully, they're barely coming off at all.  It may seriously take until Cohen goes to college for me to become healthy and fit. So help me, it will happen. I feel like the key missing ingredient is the walking/running.  Finding time to do that activity.  On a consistent basis.  The dieticians at Curves recommend 10,000 steps a day.  Seriously?  I sit behind a desk for a living.  I park at