Skip to main content

Monday, Monday

The Titanic sunk today.

Abraham Lincoln (shot on the 14th) died today.

All of your taxes are due today.

It's my birthday.  Woot Woot!

They ordered pizza for lunch at the office.  After I got the email, I immediately heated up the lunch I brought and ate it in hopes that it would fill me up and I wouldn't be tempted.

The second email was to announce the presence of cupcakes.  In honor of the hard work of everyone in the firm, and for my birthday.  Cupcakes.  For the girl whose on a diet.  I really don't care for cupcakes, so that one's not a big deal.

Great recipe below!

Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Four Servings
24 oz. shrimp
4 oz. whole wheat or egg noodle pasta
8 oz. mushrooms
1/2 cup red onion, diced
4 tsp. prepared pesto
8 tbl. ricotta cheese, part-skim
2 cups meatless tomato sauce
olive oil
seasoning

Ok, Matt makes really good seasoning for steaks, chicken, seafood, whatever from this recipe: Outback Steakhouse Steak Rub.  Don't use as much brown sugar.

Peel your shrimp (Belle/Food World runs their bags of frozen large shrimp buy one-get two free quite often, so I stock up. This took two bags.)

Season your shrimp with Matt's blend or one of your own and set aside to marinate.

Cook your pasta according to the directions.

Sweat down your mushrooms and onions in a little EVOO until they're nice and tender.  Remove from the skillet and set aside.

Add a little more EVOO and the shrimp to your Med/Med-High skillet.  Cook the shrimp until they're pink, flipping once.  Add the red sauce, pesto, and ricotta cheese.  Once blended, add back your mushrooms and onions and cook 5-7 more minutes until it's all nice and wonderful.

Serve over the pasta.  Add something green on the side.

Delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, they are a comin'

Shew wee.  That's all I can say about the last couple of weeks!  I know you all have missed me.  I too, have missed all three of you. Truthfully, I was going through a ferocious deadline at work which caused me to slack on my blogging and fit lifestyle. I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy about how my pants fit when I put them on this morning.  I went to work out yesterday, but decided to delay my weigh-in until today.  Monday's are bad enough all on their own without that scale mocking me. I want to update you all on what's been going on, but first, a little housekeeping.  You'll notice the name of the blog has been shortened to "the Journey".  I still intend to write about my journey to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, but I also wanted to use this blog as a tool to exercise my creative and writing muscles, and so I don't want to be limited to one subject.  I want to write about all my journeys, whether it be life with a toddler, re-model

It should be fascinating...

That may have been a slight oversell.  Truthfully, I just afraid all five of you may find something better to do with your time if I don't churn out Pulitzer material over here in blogging land. Here's the problem.  Finding time to work out and run.  See, I spent the first few weeks of this journey dedicated to visiting Curves at least three times a week.  You know what happened?  I saw results?  Do you know what happened next? I started convincing myself that I could "skip" days.  Boo Katye.  Bad Katye.  The lbs. are not coming off at a pace that I would be pleased with.  Truthfully, they're barely coming off at all.  It may seriously take until Cohen goes to college for me to become healthy and fit. So help me, it will happen. I feel like the key missing ingredient is the walking/running.  Finding time to do that activity.  On a consistent basis.  The dieticians at Curves recommend 10,000 steps a day.  Seriously?  I sit behind a desk for a living.  I park at

the Panic ensues

I thought that my morning might have to be spent calling the people at Visa and telling them that I had lost my credit card.  This would have been devastating for me.  No credit card equals having to ask the man that controls the checkbook at our house for money.  This would contradict my normal policy of just buying something and having the 5-7 business days before it arrives to convince him of why I really needed those shoes.  They were ON SALE.  ON ZULILY.  THEY GO WITH EVERYTHING.  Too bad those particular shoes don't fit my feet very well and have barely been worn.  To those who would say it is despicable that I would sneak shop with my credit card, I say let me use my credit card to order you a case of Windex for that nice glass house you're living in.  Which, I could do, because Husband found my credit card in between the seats of the car.  But first, I'd have to find where he has since hidden said card. Let's start with the good news.  Since my last weigh-in (