Skip to main content

Week 1

So, I had my first weigh in yesterday...like all oversize people, I'd like to lose 50 lbs. and 25 inches by just blinking and wishing for it to happen.  I want to be fit and healthy, can't that just happen?  I'm enjoying the diet.  There are some great recipes.  Last night was chicken enchiladas, so yummy.  I feel like I'm eating all the time, but I know that it's good food that my body needs.   I like water, just fine.  Somedays it would take me an entire day to drink a 20oz. bottle of water, so drinking 64 oz. a day is an adjustment.  Mio is awesome.  Find a flavor you like and you'll have no trouble gulping down the fluids.

Easter is this weekend and there will be temptations.  The success of my first week will keep me motivated to stay on track.  Why mess with something if it's working?

I kept you in suspense on purpose.  It brought me joy.

Down 2.6 lbs. 6 inches in the first week.  Victory.

And because it's Easter, I'd like to share one of my favorite songs.

"O the Blood" by Kari Jobe

Thanks guys and gals,

KK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, they are a comin'

Shew wee.  That's all I can say about the last couple of weeks!  I know you all have missed me.  I too, have missed all three of you. Truthfully, I was going through a ferocious deadline at work which caused me to slack on my blogging and fit lifestyle. I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy about how my pants fit when I put them on this morning.  I went to work out yesterday, but decided to delay my weigh-in until today.  Monday's are bad enough all on their own without that scale mocking me. I want to update you all on what's been going on, but first, a little housekeeping.  You'll notice the name of the blog has been shortened to "the Journey".  I still intend to write about my journey to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, but I also wanted to use this blog as a tool to exercise my creative and writing muscles, and so I don't want to be limited to one subject.  I want to write about all my journeys, whether it be life with a toddler, re-mode...

Creature Report!

Does anyone else watch the Disney Channel?  Specifically, Octonauts?  No, just us, ok.  Well, they're land animals who live in the sea, and they help out distressed ocean faring creatures during each episode.  After the happily ever after there's the "Creature Report", detailing the scientific, physical, social, and other characteristics of the creature they've just helped.  All that to say, I'm giving my weekly "Creature Report". At our current rate of a pound or so a week, it'll take almost two years to lose my desired 80 lbs.  Throw adding to the Coats brood in 2014 to the mix, and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get there. Having the Curves Complete program Coach is extremely beneficial.  After yesterday's weigh-in she reminded me that this is a permanent weight loss, and it may take a little longer.  Fast plan diets are usually only successful in the short term with participants gaining most or all of their weight back at pro...

it's my Friday

You probably won't hear from me until next week.  Little man and I are headed to Decatur for the night and to spend tomorrow at Point Mallard.  I'm so excited.  He loves the water, and I'm going to love watching him have fun! Since I've gotten through my impending deadline of doom, I have absolutely no motivation.  Does anyone else suffer from this?  It's as though I have to be on the brink of insanity to actually accomplish anything.  It's really not a good problem to have when you work in a profession that demands you bill for your services by the hour. I know it seems like a odd thing to pray for, but I find myself praying that God will restore that motivation! I do have a fun thing to be motivated about lately, our new house!  We close next week and I cannot wait to start working to make this home our own.  We've got the luxury of about 4 months of time to renovate, paint, clean, etc. before we have to move in.  It's why Pinterest was...